MyFinds is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
MyFinds is the controller of and is responsible for your personal data.
Questions and complaints
Please note that you have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). However, MyFinds would appreciate the opportunity to assist you with any questions or complaints that you might have regarding the handling of your personal data in the first instance and in such circumstances you may email email@example.com.
Information collected about you
MyFinds will collect and process the following data about you:
- technical information, including the internet protocol address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit to the Website, including what webpages you have viewed and what interactions you have had with the Website.
Please note, in particular, that:
Uses of information collected about you
MyFinds uses information held about you in the following ways:
- to notify you about changes to the Website and its functionality; and
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- to administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive services on the Website, when you choose to do so;
- as part of MyFinds efforts to keep the Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising MyFinds serves to you and other users, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of information collected about you
You agree that MyFinds has the right to share your personal information with:
- business partners;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and other users. MyFinds does not disclose information about identifiable individuals to its advertisers, but will provide them with aggregate information about the Website’s users (for example, MyFinds may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). MyFinds may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in a particular postcode). MyFinds may make use of the personal data it has collected from you in order to enable it to comply with its advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisements to that target audience; and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist MyFinds in the improvement and optimisation of the Website.
MyFinds will disclose your personal information to third parties:
MyFinds will not disclose any find locations which you make known to it without your prior permission, unless required to do so by law.
Storage of information collected about you
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although MyFinds will use its reasonable endeavours to protect your personal data, it cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website, and therefore any such transmission is at your own risk. Once MyFinds has received your information, it will use adequate procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Retention of information
MyFinds will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes MyFinds collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, MyFinds considers the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which MyFinds processes your personal data and whether MyFinds can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data MyFinds holds about you and to check that MyFinds is lawfully processing it.
- Request correctionof the personal data that MyFinds holds about you.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask MyFinds to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for MyFinds continuing to process it.
- Object to processing of your personal data where MyFinds is relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where MyFinds is processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, MyFinds may demonstrate that it has compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask MyFinds to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- (a) if you want MyFinds to establish the data’s accuracy;
- (b) where MyFinds’ use of the data is unlawful but you do not want MyFinds to erase it;
- (c) where you need MyFinds to hold the data even if it no longer requires it as you need it to establish,exercise or defend legal claims; or
- (d) you have objected to MyFinds’ use of your data but it needs to verify whether it has overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party.
- Withdraw consent at any time where MyFinds is relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, MyFinds may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of MyFinds partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites will have their own privacy policies and that MyFinds does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Accessing personal data
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or exercise any of the other rights in relation to your personal data set out above). However, MyFinds may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, MyFinds may refuse to comply with your requests in these circumstances.
MyFinds may need to request specific information from you to help it confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. MyFinds may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
MyFinds tries to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take MyFinds longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, MyFinds will notify you and keep you updated.
Details of cookies
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that MyFinds stores on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
MyFinds uses the following cookies:
You can find more information about the individual cookies MyFinds uses and the purposes for which they are used in the table below:
|Cookie||Purpose||Time of Expiration|
|bp-activity-oldestpage||This cookie remembers what page of activity the “load more” is on.||End of session.|
|PHPSESSID||This cookie is used to identify your unique session on the Website.||End of session.|
|Wp-settings-time||This cookie is used to customise your view of admin interface, and possibly also the main Website interface.||One year or persistent.|
|Wordpress_||This cookie is a Wordpress cookie and is used for a logged in Website user.||End of session.|
|Wordpress_test_cookie||This cookie is a Wordpress cookie and is used for a logged in Website user.||End of session.|
|Wordpress_logged_in_||This cookie is a Wordpress cookie and is used for a logged in Website user.||End of session.|
|_drip_client_||This cookie is used by a third party plugin.||Two years or persistent.|
Third party cookies
The use of such advertising cookies enables third parties to serve ads to you based on your visit to the Website and other third party websites.
You may opt out of personalised third party advertising by using the hyperlinks set out in the “managing and turning off cookies” section below. However, for more information about third party cookies and how to manage and disable them, please visit AboutAds.
Managing and turning off cookies
You can manage the cookies stored on your computer, or turn them off completely, through your website browser settings. However, please be aware that deactivating cookies may affect your browsing experience or even prevent you from using the Website.
Modern website browsers allow you to change your cookie settings to give you control over whether or not cookies can be set. For more information, please visit the applicable help section for the website browser that you use.
This document was lasted updated on 24/5/2018. MyFinds Ltd 2018 ©.